While perhaps not profound news, this is something I'm a bit fond of. I'm not great at coming up with logos and I'm certainly no wiz with Adobe Illustrator, but inspiration hit and I spent a few hours hammering out an emblem for the 52 Weeks Project, if for no other reason than to stamp on the front of the films that I'm about to start showing here (I'm posting 1 of 52 now).
The logo is quite simple but I don't need anything fancy really. I like mirror images and the 5 and 2, if drawn a certain way, are reflections of one another. Once I got the word "weeks" on there the "E"s were just screaming to mirror each other as well. I don't know why I decided to make them red, but I made the 2 red as well to balance it out. I thought it looked cool but at the same time, by itself, it was a bit blocky and maybe too simplistic. So I figured I could superimpose it on a photo. No particular screen grab from a 52WP film seemed appropriate and, for the most part, they have people in them. Instead I figured a film still would be appropriate, especially a "lo-fi" kind of picture. The picture I used was a photo of a ruined building I shot with my Holga somewhere in Uthah. This is one of my favorite cross-processed shots I've taken for it's color, composition, and the kind of ethereal focus it has that never really distracts from the subject. When I combined it with the logo I was pleased with how the blue sky and yellow light leak worked with the red lettering to show off the primary colors I'm so fond of.
Like I said, it's basic and it's nothing really special; but I quite like it for what it is. It will probably evolve over the course of the project, but for now it's a good start I think.